Today is: Sunday, October 22nd 2017
Instructions for Windows 98 1st Edition
1. Click on Start, Programs, and Internet Explorer then choose Connection Wizard.
2. Select I have an existing Internet account through my phone line this is the 2nd choice. Select Next to continue.
3. Select Select this option if you are accessing the Internet through an Internet Service Provider this is the 1st choice. Select Next to continue.
4. Select Connect using my phone Select Next to continue.
5. Create a new dial up connection.
6. Type in 966-2400 and remove the check from Dial using area code and country code
7. Type in your user name and password
8. Choose to make changes to the Advanced Settings for this connection
9. Select PPP
10. Select I dont need to type anything when logging on
11. Select My Internet service provider automatically assigns me one
12. Select "Automatically assigned".
13. Type in Advanced Net for the Dial-up connection name
14. Choose Yes to Setup an Internet Mail Account
15. Select Create a new Internet Mail Account
16. Type in your name for Display Name
17. Type in your E-Mail address
18. For the Incoming and Outgoing Servers type in mail.advnet.net
19. Select log on using and type in your user name and password (omit the @advnet.net from the user name)
20. Choose a name for the account, just click next
21. Choose yes to Setup an News Account
22. Select Create a new News Account
23. Type in your name for Display Name
24. Type in your E-Mail address
25. For the news server address type in news.advnet.net
26. Choose a name for the account, just click next
27. Internet Directory Services select no and press next
28. Click Finish!
29. Double Click on the Internet Explorer Icon and youll be connected!