Today is: Wednesday, December 13th 2017
Instructions for Windows 98 2nd Edition or Windows ME
1.Click on Start, Programs, Accessories, Communications, Internet Connection Wizard.
2. Welcome to the Internet Connection Wizard. Select I want to set up my Internet connection manually, or I want to connect through a local area network (LAN). This is the 3rd choice. Select Next to continue.
3. Setting up your Internet connection. How do you connect to the Internet? Select the 1st choice I connect through a phone line and a modem. Select Next to continue.
4. Windows will now detect your modem. Select Next to continue.
5. Internet account connection information. Type the phone number you dial to connect to Advanced Net. Area Code: 810 and the Telephone number:966-2400. **** Please note: This is NOT your home phone number.
6. Select Dial using the area code and country code Select Next to continue.
7. Internet account logon information. Type in the Login Name / User Name and Password, that can be found on the invoice. Select Next to continue.
8. Configure your computer. Connection Name: Type a name for the dial-up connection. For example, Advanced Net or Connection to 966-2400. **** Please Note: If the connection already exists type a different name. For example, Advanced Net1 or Advanced Net2. Select Next to continue.
9. Set up your Internet mail account. Do you want to set up an Internet mail account now? Select Yes and Select Next to continue.
10. Internet mail account. Select Create a new Internet mail account. Then Select Next to continue, or if this is NOT your first time setting up the Internet Connection Wizard, Select Use and existing Internet mail account Then Select the mail account you want to use and Select Next to continue. Confirm Settings: Accept Settings and Select Next to Finish.
11. Your Name. Type in the name you want to appear on your e-mails for Display Name. For example, John Smith. Select Next to continue.
12. Internet E-mail address. Type in your e-mail address. (firstname.lastname@example.org) Select Next to continue.
13. E-mail Server Names. My incoming mail server is a: POP3 server. Type in mail.advnet.net for the incoming (POP3) mail server. Type in mail.advnet.net for the outgoing (SMTP) mail server. Select Next to continue.
14. Internet Mail Log On. Type in the Login Name / User Name and Password you picked when you signed up that can be found on the Invoice. Check the box Remember password Select Next to continue.
15. You have successfully completed the Internet Connection Wizard. Check the box To connect to the Internet immediately Select Finish